Did you know up to 74% of your potential customers are paying attention to your spelling and grammar.
And more than half decide they will spend their money elesewhere if they spot an error.
See what I did there?
And getting more customers paying attention to your business doesn’t stop at paying attention to your typing.
Here’s a few insider digital writing tips that can help your website and social media get more business for your business:
- Pay attention to your subject – Sending out emails with an offer that’s too good to be true? You may just be wasting your time if you don’t take the time to create a decent subject line. It’s the first thing people read and according to research, it should be around 40 characters. If you hit it right, you can increase the amount of people who open and read your email.
- Don’t ask, don’t get – You should have a social media presence. It significantly raises your audience and your profile. And there’s a couple of tips here to help. Firstly, use imagery. If you do, you can increase the amount of people clicking on your link by more than 80%. Secondly, if you ask people to share, you will raise engagement by a third.
- Hit ‘em hard and fast – Most visitors to your webpage consume about a fifth of your webpage. And 80% will read your headline, but only 20% go on to read the rest. So make every word count and ensure your key message – whether it be an offer or a new service – is included early.
- Think mobile – More than half of your visitors will be on their mobile. When you include social media, it’s significantly more. So make sure your page isn’t too big (no one wants to scroll too far) and that link that goes through to your contact form or email? Put that in prime position.
- Variety is the spice of business – A very well-known footwear company changed the words of its ‘Buy Now’ button to ‘Add to Bag’ and it resulted in a 17% spike in orders. If your site is underwhelming, try something different. You might be surprised.
So, the above gave you some insider info to help your business. But there’s a lot more to consider when it comes to digital marketing for your company.
Want to know more? Visit my contact page or my portfolio page – I can share my years of experience to boost your site, social media, email campaigns and much more. Or you can join our Facebook group page and never miss a beat.
Leave a Reply